After the war
The laboratory of the hormone department, set up during wartime, gained in importance when connections between Sweden and Holland were interrupted after the allied invasion in 1944. After the war however, conflicting interests of Organon and Pharmacia concerning the activities of the hormone department led to a new agreement between the two companies, with Pharmacia promoting Organon's hormones on an agency basis and Organon taking over the hormone department to form a local company for chemical and clinical research and medical services, and some production of peptide hormones at a small scale. The Biochemical Institute in Stockholm generously gave room for the laboratory work. Dr. Paulsen became the Head of the company Nordiska Organon, which assisted in introducing Organon products in other Nordic countries However, after some years Dr. Paulsen was doubtful about the future of the company.
In contrast to the big hormone companies whose main interest was the steroid hormones, Dr. Paulsen strongly believed in the importance of peptide hormones, especially those of the pituitary gland. This belief was strengthened when Hench and Kendall published their observations of the beneficiary effect of ACTH and hormones of the adrenal cortical on patients with rheumatoid arthritis.